Printer Recommendation

Richard Wilson r.wilson9 at cox.net
Fri Mar 3 09:06:51 MST 2006

All,

I am looking to replace my Epson CX5400 All in one (printer -- scanner
-- copier, no fax) with something similar and having now had bad
experiences with both Canon and Epson was wondering what people would
recommend.

The CX5400 keeps blowing off the air pressure tube that is part of teh
head cleaning mechanism and it's a 2 hour job to disassemble it,
reattach the tube and reassemble.  And now the paper feed mechanism is
messed up...

I was recently asking at a store about this and was told that here in
AZ, with the lack of humidity, that ink jet printers tend to gum up more
often and that I'd be better off looking for a replacement printer that
replaces the print heads (most Canon's do) rather than another one
similar to Epson where you replace the ink cartridges bu the print head
is not replaced.  Can anyone in the group comment on this?

I do have another printer (Xerox PE16) for which there are only Windows
drivers.  Is there an easy way in Samba (or some other tool) to make it
available to Linux?

Thanks in advance,

Rich Wilson