ftp server recomendation?

Mike Garfias mike at garfias.org
Thu Mar 2 18:43:20 MST 2006

I'm in need of an ftpd that doesn't suck.

Must haves:
     PAM support - it has to play nicely with pam_pgsql
     Configurable (I want to chroot the ftpd to a specific dir)
     must be able to turn anon OFF
     must be able restrict user logins to only a couple of sessions
     must run from inetd (acutally xinetd, but whatever)

I've tried pure-ftpd, and it blew up saying it couldn't set capabilities.
Some kernel issue here, and I'm not going to rebuild a kernel on a production
system cuz the ftpd isn't happy.

I've also tried proftpd - it absolutely refuses to try and auth against pam.

Vsftp wasn't very granular, and had issues with pam and chroot() stuff (it was
TOO locked down).

Anything else I can try?