OT: Want to buy a certain mobo locally

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Jun 30 16:29:03 MST 2006

On Fri, 2006-06-30 at 18:37 -0400, FoulDragon at aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 6/30/2006 2:39:34 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
> wien33 at cox.net writes:
> >What bothers me is
> >they have it hooked up to a cheesy, non-VGA monochrome monitor so the system
> >looks broken to keep any customers from asking questions about it.
>
> Well, would you rather they try and ANSWER questions about Linux?  Well,
> aside from the sheer enjoyment of watching them squirm.
>
> I think the Linspire boxes are just there to present a "hey look we've got
> PCs cheaper than Dell" in the weekly ad, honestly.
>
> I think I want to go over to Fry's, even though they don't have the mobo I
> want, just to engage in a battle of technical wits with an unarmed man.
>
> "Will the psuedo-AGP slot on the Elitegroup K8T890-A you sell work reliably
> with a PowerColour RV6-SL?  Does it emulate 1x, 2x, or 4x AGP modes?  Will the
> chipset cooler clear a Zalman 7000-series heatsink?"
>
> "Err... it's purple."
>
> "Will you knock $25 off it if I agree to shut up and buy it from you?"
----
fwiw - the staff in components are all A+ certified and I find that they
are typically more knowledgeable than I on these things but
occasionally, they have given me a bum steer (don't need dual channel or
selling me DDR when the motherboard needed DDR2) but all in all, that it
amuses you to go in and expose someone's ignorance suggests that you are
lacking in decency, compassion and purpose. Most of the people that sell
cars don't know where the oil level stick is.

Craig