Somewhat OT--hdw: ECS motherboard & SBM

stu wien33 at cox.net
Fri Jun 30 14:45:06 MST 2006

On Friday 30 June 2006 19:18, Mark Jarvis wrote:
>  > FWIW, I've run several different AMD/ECS combos (ECS makes PC Chips
>  > also) and have had very few problems with them.
>
> 	I'm sure that ECS makes some good mobos, my mistake was in going for
> the mobo that Fry's can sell for a super el-cheapo price.
>
> -mj-

	Yeah, the last motherboard I bought from them was defective, and the last
processor I bought was obviously defective as soon as I unpacked it - It was
a return (which I wasn't aware of when I bought it) and the heat sink had
been assembled backwards. They did give me my money back, but the added
frustration and waste of time puts them low on my list of suppliers.