First Linux Experience

Wagner, Steven G digital9ja at cox.net
Wed Jun 28 00:05:32 MST 2006

Cool story, that's alllll the way nice!

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-discuss-bounces at lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
[mailto:plug-discuss-bounces at lists.plug.phoenix.az.us]On Behalf Of Darrin
Chandler
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2006 8:23 AM
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: First Linux Experience

One slightly interesting story (at least to me)...

When I was still getting my feet wet with Linux I had it installed on an
old 486 66MHz computer. Am interesting story came up on Slashdot and the
server mentioned in the story would't respond, so I tried again and
again and finally had a local mirror saved. I put it up on the 486,
contacted the author and put up a mirror, then posted to Slashdot that I
had it mirrored. That little 486 survived a minor Slashdot effect and
kept on serving pages! I've lost the stats, but the number of pages
served in 24 hours was damned impressive. That sealed the deal with me
and Linux.

dwchandler at stilyagin.com   |  http://bsd.phoenix.az.us/
http://www.stilyagin.com/  |