56K Modem War Stories

Daniel Parraz daniyel95 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 23 14:34:09 MST 2006

George,

I have used an internal USR modem that is available at Compusa, and it dialed up and listened to hayes commands when testing, I just never got a succesful connection with the ISP and gave up. The modem advertises support for Linux, and I used it with CentOS 4.x.

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?pfp=SEARCH&product_code=289301&Pn=56K_V_92_Performance_Pro_Modem

I still have it, if you would like it let me know. It was installed for about a month, and has been in a box since.

Daniel Parraz