CMS for family website?

Joshua Zeidner jjzeidner at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 21:02:01 MST 2006

Holy crap did you forget to take your meds today or something?

If it were a worthless pile of !@#$ it wouldnt be around and no one would
use it.  Its good for some things.  Like all software it was not designed to
do everything in the world.  Python does help but is not required.  Zope, is
one of the oldest CMSs and has a lot of advantages.  All data is an
ACL-enabled object that has a complete reverseable undo history.  There are
countless well tested packages for Plone.  It does have performance
limitations but you are talking about very big web sites that get millions
of hits a day.  I beleive it is a good choice for small self-contained sites
such as the one Alan described.  jmz