CMS for family website?

Craig Brooksby rcbrxb at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 19:32:21 MST 2006

I tried Drupal recently, and bounced off its architecture.  I couldn't
figure out how to get content to show up on a particular page -- the
tagging method was weird (or something).  I gave up.

(And this is from a guy who groks Zope, so there).

My advice is CMSimple (cmsimple.dk).  It has a wysiwyg editor, it
stores everything in a flat file (no database backend required) and it
hijacks H1, H2 and H3 for page hierarchy.  I have several on-again,
off-again clients that I have introduced it to, and they love it.

Here are a few sites they made -- check 'em out.

pediatricgroupokc.com
aj4hi.com
welovehawaiikai.com

(no, I'm not a graphic designer, obviously.  There are *many* nice
templates for CMSimple).  All free.

Craig