OT: Going to or near Heber this weekend?

KE7FEG eculbert at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 21 11:44:09 MST 2006

IF you or someone you know is near Heber this weekend,
MARCA (a ham radio club) is conducting the annual ARRL
Field Day from Saturday thru Sunday 11am to 11am.

Directions are from Payson, go east past
the edge of the rim, past Canyon Point Campground to
Black Canyon
Lake turnoff. Turn south and follow the gravel but
well maintained
road to Gentry Lookout Tower. The distance is about 5
mi past the
260 turnoff.

Above from wa7rll so don't shoot me if you get lost
somehow.

Yeah, I know, installfest is this weekend and this is
WAY off topic, oh, well.

Ducks, runs, will be cool this weekend!

Free bbq Sat eve! We can/probably would let you
actually do a contact under supervision of the club.
Callsign W7MOT 15m and 20m to start, shifting in eve
to 40m and either 75 or 80 meters as the lower bands
die. Sorry, we like all the rest have to find a
frequency and park on it if possible as thousands will
be txmitting this weekend.

Ed Culbertson/ke7feg
Remeber Katrina?
For several days, only hams could get out,
and talk to others dependably.

No Morse Code required for Technician class licensee's. Interested? http://www.arrl.org/

Long live Knoppix, and Puppy Live Linux cd's.