security camera

Bill Earl bearl at bestbill.com
Tue Jun 20 14:44:53 MST 2006

Craig, we use a nice open source package called ZoneMinder for just this
purpose.  It does a lot more than just grabbing images, but it's a nice
tool.  The motion detection function requires a lot of CPU power, but
it's nice to not have to deal with storing 24/7 recordings of nothing
happening in the warehouse.  There are packages for Fedora and CentOS,
and I believe I've seen it listed in the Debian packages too.

http://www.zoneminder.com/

Bill Earl
Network Administrator
623-516-4700, ext. 113