can linux save my life again?

Judd Pickell pickell at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 13:00:59 MST 2006

I am not sure what version of windows you are using, but I was able to get
XP to recognize SATA2 for install without third party drivers, so copying
the image from the PATA to the SATA drive may actually work for your
situation, provided you remove the PATA drive from the computer to ensure it
doesn't pick it up first, or set your boot order.

If you are installing Fedora, then it will setup the boot record correctly
on the SATA drive and the first time you boot into windows it will
automatically read the SATA drive. I hope this helps. :)

Sincerely,
Judd Pickell