gcc in chroot - solved

Eric "Shubes" plug at shubes.net
Thu Jun 15 16:00:11 MST 2006

Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
>> Might be? You hit the nail on the head. I notice in the strace that it's
>> looking for 3.4.5. Gotta pay close attention to version numbers!
>>
>> I'm still wondering, though, why (how?) does it work normally, and not work
>> inside the jail? Maybe I should strace it on the outside and compare results?
>>
>> Where to go from here?
>
> Yes, try outside of jail. Or simply manually look for the files outside of
> the jail.
>
>> Thanks again, Jeremy. I learned a lot this afternoon, and it's only 3:00!
>
> You are very welcome.
>
>  Jeremy C. Reed

Got it working! When comparing the two traces, I found where things went
  wrong. /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/3.4.5 was a symlink to 3.4.3 on
the outside, but an empty directory on the inside. Oops! My replication
script needs some fixing.

Anywise, there were two other instances like this. I changed them to be
symlinks on the inside like the outside, and now I'm merrily building along.

Still got a few items to work out, so you'll probably see me back on
another thread.

Thanks a bunch, Jeremy (and Darrin and everyone). This list is the greatest!

--
-Eric 'shubes'