Need some grep RE help

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Sat Jun 10 13:28:57 MST 2006

There are files that seem to contain a lot of lines seemingly used to
display information suitable for many locales.  One example is
~/.local/share/applications/gconf-editor.desktop.  These would be a lot
easier to explore if I could look at them and not see the lines for locales
other than my language.

My thought was to do a cat foofile | grep regexpl where regexpl would pass
all lines having no [*] term unless it were [en*].  Unfortunately, I have
forgotten much of what I once knew about regular expressions.  I know I want
to relearn, but not today.  A little help please?

--
"The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the
transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them."

Patrick Henry quote