Changes for Ethereal - Wireshark

Alan Dayley alandd at consultpros.com
Fri Jun 9 12:39:30 MST 2006

Explanations for the name change are here:
http://www.wireshark.org/lists/wireshark-users/200606/msg00006.html
http://www.wireshark.org/lists/wireshark-users/200606/msg00007.html

Nutshell: He changed employers.  Former employer owns the trademarks on
Ethereal and would not surrender them.  Fork resulted since the project
leads evidently did not want live without name control.

Alan