Firefox crashes a lot

Lynn Newton lynn.newton at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 07:25:14 MST 2006

I'm just looking for verification that I'm not the only person for
whom Firefox crashes often, in my case three or four times a day.
Sometimes more.

I'm running version 1.5.0.4 on SuSE Linux 9.2 on x86-64 (AMD 64)
architecture. I'll admit that I drive it pretty hard -- Usually have three
windows open on three slots in my virtual desktop, anywhere from
two to ten or more tabs per window, stuff like RSS (Sage) and a
fistful of extensions (Customize Google, FlashGot, WebDeveloper,
Tab Mix Plus, Image Zoom, ViewSourceWith, Google Toolbar for
Firefox, Google Notebook, also a bunch of Ajax driven stuff --
gmail, Google Calendar, and that sort of interactive stuff.
All of it is up to date.

So it doesn't surprise me when once in a while it takes a dive, and
so far I've been willing to live with it, since I love Firefox and have
no intention or desire of switching.

But a widely-used application crashing several times a day?
The only time I've ever experienced that is running Windows.
(Which I almost never do.)

Comments?

--
Lynn David Newton