How to stop recurring "Welcome" email message in kmail?

Josef Lowder joe at actionline.com
Wed Jun 7 09:20:51 MST 2006

Thanks for responding, but switching distros is not really an option for me
as none of the three mentioned distros will work with Win4Lin (as far as I
know).  Neither will Mepis or Debian or most other often suggested distros.

I use Linux 90% of the time and just need to be able to run Pagemaker
and Paint Shop Pro as tasks under Linux, and Mandriva is the only Linux
distro that I have been able to determine is viable to do that via Win4Lin.

Everybody has their favorite distro, but I think Mandriva is much friendlier
and much more versatile than others I have seen, and I have had rock-solid
reliability with it for more than five years - this minor little annoying
nuisance notwithstanding.

In any case, I suspect that this may be something that should be fixable
within Kmail, so I'm still hoping someone will be able to offer a more
practical remedy than throwing out the baby with the bath water. ;))