plug] CLI Spreadsheet

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Mon Jun 5 23:26:02 MST 2006

On Mon, 5 Jun 2006, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> Also see tsiag -- which is a curses-based spreadsheet. It is included with
> the X11-based Siag Office suite.
>
> http://siag.nu/
> ftp://siag.nu/pub/siag/
>
> I wonder why the Siag suite has not been maintained in a few years ... it
> seems lightweight and low on resource usage.

It does carry a requirement for the local neXt widget set,
neXtaw, which in turn has some BuildReq's on libXmu-devel
libXt-devel and libXext-devel -- Siag is unadorned, and has a
Motif'ish widget set look; with the glitter and attention
which the piggish Gnome and KDE interfaces carry, perhaps the
maintainer threw up his hands, threw in the towel and stopped
fighting the tide ;(

I'll play with the packaging a bit -- the MySQL support looks
promising: http://siag.nu/siag/index.html

-- Russ Herrold