Ubuntu 5.10 to 6.06 Upgrade Experience

Empty plug at emptiedout.com
Mon Jun 5 09:05:32 MST 2006

Wagner, Steven G wrote:
> I'm starting to think that Ubuntu is like the windoze of Linux...other than
> being really, really, really easy can anyone tell me why it's better than,
> say, Gentoo, SUSE or Debian? Does it come with magic drivers or something
> you can't get with other distros?

My laptop took me hours to work under Debian, and I do Debian for a
living. Most of the "basic usability" issues where my touchpad and my
(POS) wifi card.

The ubuntu LiveCD booted up and Just Worked.

I now have Ubuntu on my sons (3 years old :D ) computer, and plan to
convert my laptop when I get time.

~Ben
--
---
"Confession only helps if you actually feel bad for your actions.