Ubuntu 5.10 to 6.06 Upgrade Experience

Erik Bixby erik.bixby at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 07:29:34 MST 2006

I upgraded from 5.10 to 6.06 without too much trouble.  Although, I
did use aptitude to finish my upgrade after a reboot didn't bring X
back up.  I also have Compiz and Xgl working.  Fun stuff.  :)

"I guess I was just frustrated with all the recent hoopla about Ubuntu
and then I come to find out it's nothing special."

Steven, perhaps you should try it.  I've used Mandrake, Red Hat, SuSE
and Gentoo before I came to Ubuntu.  Everything Just Works.  I have
not had near the headaches with Ubuntu that I have with the other
distributions I've used.
-Erik