Mythtv with Qwest Choice service?

Steve Smith foodog.tng at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 11:32:04 MST 2006

As my vacation draws to a close I thought it'd be "fun" to put together
a MythTV box.

I had a suitable box, bought a Hauppauge WinTV card w/ IRblaster and
remote and set to it. Since Windows is what's supported by the Hauppauge
software I thought I'd get it going under "that" OS, then take the
settings info over to MythTV. Hahahahaha! Not.

Four days into the struggle, I'm pretty sure that the "Motorola RG2200C"
set top box that Qwest provides is extra-terrestrial technology and, as
such, completely unsupported (except "kinda" by Tivo, since you have to
pay monthly for that :-(

Anybody had any luck at all with MythTV and Qwest Choice TV/VDSL? If
you've got it working under Windows I'd appreciate hearing about that as
well.

Thanks!

Steve

P.S. Sorry if this message shows up twice. My Qwest popmail account
that I "usually" use seems to be b0rken once again.