Custom Gentoo Compile

Wagner, Steven G digital9ja at cox.net
Fri Jun 2 00:51:25 MST 2006

I came across this article,
http://www.cpuplanet.com/news/article.php/3111051, and was wondering if
there was a way I could compile Gentoo with this company's compilers rather
than GCC. Their compilers are designed to optimize code for Opteron chips,
so I was thinking that it would be nice to build a 64-bit Linux cluster with
Opteron servers running Gentoo custom-compiled for Opterons. They claim that
their compilers boost performance by 40%. Maybe I'm way off-base here, but
it's late and I just got home from work :)

Thanks,

Steve

Long Live LAMP!

www.gentoo.org
www.apache.org
http://dev.mysql.com/
www.php.net/

...because Windows/IIS/MySQL/PHP = WIMP!

Check it out:
http://digital9ja.tripod.com