Boot loader problem - how to get rid of Boot Magic

Kenneth madhse at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 31 11:55:42 MST 2006

I missed the beginning of this discussion, so forgive me if this was already
covered, but where are you trying to install LILO? if not in the master boot
record of the drive, it will not touch whatever is already there. It's been a
long time since I used LILO, I usually go for grub now. It's much easier to
mess around with when trying different kernels and options.