ISP for Linux (Much like Juno)

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Fri Jul 28 08:52:49 MST 2006

Am 27. Jul, 2006 schwätzte Edward Norton so:

> On 7/27/06, George <ggambill at emr.net> wrote:
>>
>> An elderly couple want email and some browsing.  I can set them up with
>> a box (hopefully Linux based) but need an ISP (Probably dial up,
>> hopefully free like Juno is for Win).
>>
>> Does any know of a free or very cheap Linus friendly ISP.
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> George
>

> NetZero is a free/pay-for dial-up ISP. They also support Linux, all the way
> back to 2000 no less: http://www.internetnews.com/xSP/article.php/403361

Well, they do still support Linux.

Looks like it's $10/month. Not bad.

If someone has netzero, peoplepc or something else working in GNU/Linux
please let me know. I need that for some family and we also need it for
the InstallFests.

Speaking of which, InstallFest tomorrow.

ciao,

der.hans
#  Join the League of Professional System Administrators! https://LOPSA.org/
#  "To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks."
#     -- Robert Heinlein