Digital Tablet

Craig Brooksby rcbrxb at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 10:05:41 MST 2006

> On Fri, 2006-07-21 at 11:23 -0500, Ted Gould wrote:
> hey, I learned on Freehand 1.0 and have used Freehand and Illustrator
> over the years so I sort of got what it was about. I don't do too much
> illustration these days though and I am not an artist but I will check
> it out. Does it have an auto trace tool?

No autotrace tool.  I use Inkscape a lot and love it.  I'm not an
artist either, but I like good, crisp illustrations.  I have insisted
that my three kids learn to use it, so that they will at least grok
vector vs. bitmap, what layers are about, etc., instead of just
drawing everything in Word or Powerpoint.  :-)  Yay for Inkscape.  If
I were Adobe I would encourage and support Inkscape.

I have been thinking about a tablet too, so thanks, everyone, for the tips.