greylisted?

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Fri Jul 14 12:30:12 MST 2006

Am 14. Jul, 2006 schwätzte Darrin Chandler so:

> On Fri, Jul 14, 2006 at 09:43:43AM -0700, Nathan England wrote:
>> http://isg.ee.ethz.ch/tools/postgrey/help/lists.plug.phoenix.az.us.html
>>
>> I sent some messages to the plug and got a reply to this link...?
>
> You'll only get this when you first send to the list, or haven't sent in
> a long time OR when the lists kept by postgrey have been flushed for
> some reason.
>
> Your mail should get through after a retry or three, and then you'll be
> on the "nice guy" list and have no more troubles.

What Darrin says :).

Also, Brian implemented greylisting because the mail server was being
driven into the ground by all the SPAM coming in. Since greylisting the
machine mostly sits idle.

I setup greylisting at home and in the first 3 days rejected over 500k
SPAMs.

Looks like it was only 32k SPAMs yesterday, so greylisting has also caused
the amount of SPAM sent to me to go down.

ciao,

der.hans
#  Join the League of Professional System Administrators! https://LOPSA.org/
#  If determining good culture is left up to busybodies and politicians,
#  we will be left with culture fit only for busybodies and politicians.
#                                                -- Jeff Taylor, Reason