OT (Partially Off Topic) Qwest DSL and DirecTV -vs- Dish Network

Daniel P. Stasinski mooooooo at avenues.org
Thu Jul 13 15:35:09 MST 2006

> On 7/13/06, Josef Lowder <joe at actionline.com> wrote:
> As as I read the latest Qwest "bundled" services promotion, it appears
> that the $82.96/month for home telephone -plus- 1.5M DSL -plus- 155-channel
> DirecTV translates to $36/month for home telephone -plus- $17/month for
> 1.5M DSL -plus- $30/month for DirecTV (all prices set for the first 15 months).

> Am I missing something?

Yep, all the hidden fees are missing.   To get the 1.5mb you have to
use the MSN option which adds another $10 or $15.

I have my current bill in hand:

  Qwest Home Service: $41.66  (phone)
  Qwest DSL w/MSN: $43.04
  Qwest Long Distance: $5.73

That's $90.43 already without the DirectTV and the bill is going to go
up another $20 after the 1 year mark because the "special low price"
ends.

Daniel