Digital Audio Recorders (This is a tech-savvy group w/ varied backgrounds)

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Thu Jul 13 13:00:01 MST 2006

Am 13. Jul, 2006 schwätzte Bart Garst so:

> I have the Olympus VN-960PC. I bought it at Best Buy for just under $80.
>
> It does a good job of recording, but I do get the occasional click when I
> start/stop the recording. I get about 6 hours of recording time. It
> downloads the sound files to my Windows PC via USB and the software that
> came with the unit. I haven't tried any linux solution (I don't even know if
> one exists).

It should show up as a USB storage device, so you can copy files back and
forth.

It might also show up as an intelligent device such that you can use the
computer to control it.

ciao,

der.hans
#  Join the League of Professional System Administrators! https://LOPSA.org/
#  "Hindsight is always 20/20, unless seen through beer goggles." -- der.hans