(Slightly OT) Forwarding email: inline vs as attachment

Rich rehallaz at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 10:23:51 MST 2006

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-earlier message:
I seem to remember reading something some time ago that led me to
believe that forwarding "as attachment" was preferable (somehow better)
than forwarding "inline". I may be mistaken.

In the Thunderbird tutorial, I see this:
Unless you have specific reasons not to include an email forward inline,
you should let emails be forwarded inline, by consideration for the
recipient: scrolling down is a lot easier than double clicking an email
attachment.

Can anyone explain why one would want to forward as attachment?

TIA
--
-Eric 'shubes'

It seems to me that inline would be more trusted, as attachments sometimes
bear unwelcome gifts. This would be especially true if the message were not
HTML. I vote for inline...
--
...Rich