VPS - SendMail Config

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Jul 12 05:03:04 MST 2006

On Tue, 2006-07-11 at 20:25 -0700, keith smith wrote:
> You both make a lot of good points.
>
> I've read tons of good things about  Qmail and PostFix.  I can't
> recall now but I seem to have read Qmail was top gun.
>
> The problem with Qmail is it is hard to configure.  As it was
> explained the Toaster can lead Grandma to success.  That is what I
> need!
>
> I wonder what my hosting provider is going to do if I launch what was
> explained as a 4 hour compile and I would figure longer on a VPS.
>
> I would like to try the Qmail install because it seems almost simple
> after looking at the Toaster.
>
> The turn side is do a few yum commands and figure out how to configure
> PostFix and I'm done in an hour or two.
>
> Any simple PostFix Grandma walk throughs?
----
main.cf is fully commented and should be generally obvious what you need
to configure. That is probably the single greatest virtue of Postfix

http://www.postfix.org has all of the documentation you would ever need.
Of course you can post a question.

Walk throughs are all over the Internet I guess.

Craig