dbus-1 won't quit

Siri Amrit Kaur tigerflag at tigerflag.com
Tue Jul 4 10:25:49 MST 2006

On Tuesday 04 July 2006 12:07 am, Edward Norton kindly wrote:
> On 7/4/06, Edward Norton <r00t3d at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Well, I believe you are supposed to just copy the
> > /etc/dbus-1/session.conf to the same directory with the name
> > session-local.conf (or if the conf file you need is system.conf, copy
> > to system-local.conf), and then direct your changes to that file.
>
>  Oops, I was wrong. You are supposed to just add a blank
> session-local.conf to the same directory as the session.conf, and then
> edit it with whatever changes you want(see man-page), then
> session.conf will include your overrides when it's called.

Thanks for the link. I read it (repeatedly) but it's way over my head and
still leaves a lot out.

Is the blank file I create another XML file, or a text file?
Would I just enter one line:

--exit-with-session

or is there any other syntax that needs to be included? What I'm asking is,
what would that file contain from top to bottom?

Would I need to do some kind of command to instruct the other files to look
there for amendments to their instructions?

Thanks,

Siri Amrit
--
Tigerflag Natural Perfumery, LLC