VPS Command Line Tutorials

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Mon Jul 3 21:41:02 MST 2006

Something like this...

chkconfig proftpd on # turns proftpd on for the runlevels
                     # indicated in chkconfig comments at
                     # top of /etc/init.d/proftpd
chkconfig --levels 2345 proftpd on # screw the runlevels
                     # listed in the chkconfig comments
                     # in the sysV script, I want it my way.
service proftpd start # start already

service proftpd restart # stop and then start

Craig