VPS Command Line Tutorials

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 3 18:11:34 MST 2006

telnet localhost 25 did return sendmail 8.13
telnet localhost 21 returned connection refused.

Thanks, that helped a lot.

I can't find ftp in rc3.d ..... thinking it was not installed.

I have not been in Linux for a while.... guess I'll have to find out how yumm works.

Thanks again,
keith

Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com> wrote: On Mon, 2006-07-03 at 17:52 -0700, keith smith wrote:
> Thanks Craig ,
>
> Thanks for the references.
>
> I was able to determine the version of apache by httpd - v
> and  the version of bind by named -v  .
>
> However I cannot determin which mail server is running
----
presuming you meant smtp server...

telnet localhost 25
----