PLUG-discuss Digest, Vol 13, Issue 4

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 3 17:38:09 MST 2006

I looked at those.  Thanks.

I think your right about the all-in-one-howto.  I sure wish there was one.

Keith

Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2006 20:45:36 -0700
From: Alex Dean
Subject: Re: VPS Command Line Tutorials
To: Main PLUG discussion list

On Jul 2, 2006, at 3:49 PM, keith smith wrote:

> I opted to not have a control panel because I hope to learn.

There's no better way! :)  You may have trouble finding an 'all in
one' howto on these diverse topics.  Probably better to look for more
focused articles, and stitch together the skills you need for your
situation.

> What I would like to learn is how to create Zone files,

If you're just getting started, I think DNS can be a pretty hairy
animal.  (I still prefer to let someone else handle mine.)  There's a
great free service at everydns.net which will allow you to control
just about everything you need to for your DNS.  I've had DNS for
many production sites with them for years with no trouble.  Just an
idea.

Here's some search results I just found :
http://www.freeos.com/articles/3956/
http://www.cramsession.com/articles/files/dns-demystified---the-
zon-9172003-0852.asp

> Apache Vhost configurations,