Linux community driven ad campaign?

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Tue Jan 31 22:38:44 MST 2006

Am 26. Jan, 2006 schwätzte Steven A. DuChene so:

> Has anyone else taken the time to read the suggestions & ideas put forth
> at:
>
> http://lobby4linux.com/WordPress/?p=74
>
> and
>
> http://lobby4linux.com/WordPress/?p=75
>
> These blog posts talk about the idea of a community driven ad campaign to
> promote Linux on the air waves. The initial plan is to try the concept locally
> in Austin TX. After reading through it I thought perhaps the local Phoenix
> community would like to start a discussion around this idea as well.

It would be good to expand mainstream exposure of Linux in Phoenix.

I think one of the best ways of doing that is consistently having good,
pre-planned topics for the meetings and announcing them.

With that we also need to make sure we're prepared for an influx of people
wanting help and answers.

ciao,

der.hans
#  Join the League of Professional System Administrators! https://LOPSA.org/
#  "Hindsight is always 20/20, unless seen through beer goggles." -- der.hans