Local classes [Was: Re: O'reilly's learninglab worthwhile?]

John Wheat wisdom04 at cableaz.com
Tue Jan 31 15:48:55 MST 2006

   The drop in enrollment I believe is valley wide. I took all the Cisco
classes and even became CCNA certified. This did nothing for my chances
at actually attaining employment in IT; I think most people realize this
and just don't bother taking such classes. I am still employed as a
surveyor and am satisfied with being a Linux/Unix learner for my own
personal satisfaction. I have noticed the web design classes,
HTML/Flash/Photoshop ETC. have rather impressive enrollment at MCC.