swing / mysql / jdbc search question

Bryan.ONeal at asu.edu Bryan.ONeal at asu.edu
Mon Jan 30 14:09:57 MST 2006

Have you recived your answer yet?
I would use the latest version of MySQL and do a subquery; however you coul=
also just read in the result set, create objects from it, and then sort tho=
se
object into an array (or vector) for display.

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006, keith smith wrote:

>   Hi Plug folks,
>   =20
>   I posted a question to the Java Users Group and received limited feedba=
ck.=20
>   =20
>   I know some of you do Java also.
>   =20
>   Any help appreciated.
>   =20
>   I am writing a simple swing/mysql/jdbc form that has previous, next, ad=
d, save, edit, del, exit buttons.=20
>   =20
>   The resultset is People and next, previous, add, save (update) , delete=
, and exit button code work ok.
>   =20
>   The problem I am having difficulty with is doing a search, example:
>   =20
>   Say I have a MySql table with 1000 records in my resultset. I want to "=
order" it by phone number which is not unique. I need to find a phone numbe=
r within that resultset which say is at record 700. (this is a swing deskto=
p application)