Need advice from Phoenix area technology professionals

Jerry Davis jdawgaz at cox.net
Sun Jan 29 20:20:09 MST 2006

On Thursday 26 January 2006 09:53 am, Josh Coffman wrote:

> I'm from Ohio, the shores of Lake Erie and a small
> town.
> Winters are pleasant here, but dry. I've been here
> almost 8 years and I'm not used to it. I hate the
> desert, but I actually like snow and am very warm
> blooded. For me, it's too hot for 7 months of the year
> and too dry the whole year. I love the outdoors, but
> don't go outside much either because of the heat or
> the air pollution. On the other hand, Sedona,
> Flagstaff, and coastal California are fairly short
> drives and make great vacations.

I have been here over 2 months and it beats wisconsin by any standard you can
mention. I was not from the midwest (I still don't know why they call
wisconsin the midwest (it is east of the mississippi)), and I never got used
to the 9 or so months of cold.

I have vacationed here 13 years running in all the seasons, and yes it gets
hot in the summer, but it is pleasant at night, when the sun goes down.
I would much rather have 3 months of hot summer to deal with than ice, snow,
biting wind, shoveling out 4 feet (from the driveway) of hard packed ice and
snow from that damn snowplow, after a long day at work. The very high taxes
(mostly because of all the snow removal equipment and associated costs).

Anyway, if you are tired of all that, then AZ will be very refreshing.

As for tech jobs there are much much more available here than wisconsin. I
know. I have had to deal in both markets. There are many more jobs coming
very soon. You will need to get here any way you can, to have a chance at
them.

If you have other questions, you can email me offline.

Jerry

--
Hobbit Name: Pimpernel Loamsdown
Registered Linux User: 275424

This email's random fortune: Frankly, Scarlett, I don't have a fix.
		-- Rhett Buggler