Save a disk image

Steven A. DuChene linux-clusters at mindspring.com
Sun Jan 29 18:12:01 MST 2006

Why not use mature utilities like systemimager that are designed
to do this sort of thing very easily? They use rsync, pxeboot,
and such to accomplish all of this as painlessly as possible.

Go to systemimager.org or sisuite.org for additional details.
I use this suite of utilties a LOT in various HPC cluster and other
multi-server environments. It is fairly painless to setup to do
something as simple as capture an image of an existing system.
--
Steven A. DuChene
Linux HPC senior architect