session restarts @ login

bmike1 at mcleodusa.net bmike1 at mcleodusa.net
Sun Jan 29 16:45:29 MST 2006

When the computer is started up it gets to the login screen but upon
entering the correct password it merely ends the session and returns to
the login screen. Well, I can get aound that by loging in as root.... but
not into the primary window manager (that being ICE) but into failsfe.
Apparently, kmail is not available for use in failsafe but thankfully
mozilla is.

Please, how can I fix this?

if you need to call me the number is 480.615.1310

Thank you so much if you are willing to help me!