Save a disk image

FoulDragon at aol.com FoulDragon at aol.com
Sun Jan 29 14:10:24 MST 2006

In a message dated 1/29/2006 2:01:05 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
mark at phillipsmarketing.biz writes:

>How do I copy the hard drive (2.1 GB) to my backup server so I can restore
it
>later when I dump the Windows stuff? How do I do the restore? I have a new
>180GB hard drive on my backup server that I can mount with nfs

Mount the network drive.

dd if=/dev/hda of=/mnt/networkdrive/desiredfilename

Shut down and then blow away the drive.

To recover, boot from a rescue disc which can mount NFS and has dd and do it
in reverse (if=/mnt/networkdrive/filename of=/dev/hda)