Need advice from Phoenix area technology professionals

Devin Rankin devin at 11orless.com
Thu Jan 26 05:53:41 MST 2006

I work for a place very much like where you are working now.  We support small
business and a few that have grown to med. sized ones.  We do mostly Windows
stuff, but I have gotten a Linux server installed in a few places that could
not lay out the bucks for Windows.

When I started there a year and a half ago, it was the owner and 2 employees.
Now he has 5 employees.  We all stay busy, so the business is there.

I don't have the skill set you do.  I do most of the set up printer, set up
computer, create a new user stuff.  The other guys there do most of the
server install, server issues work.

I don't know what he pays the more skilled guys.  I get $38,000 a year and the
others have to be getting more.

I live in the west valley, Glendale, which has always had more reasonable
housing costs than the east valley.   I'm not sure what appartments are going
for, but the links you have been given should help you there.  The crime rate
here is low, but like everywhere, that is no guarantee you will not be a
victim.

The weather here is not for everyone.  We are in our 100th day without rain
fall.  Every summer, there are 10 days or so where the temp gets over 110.
Here is a link to a weather station that a local community college maintians.
It will give you a years worth of temps and rain fall totals.

http://staff.gc.maricopa.edu/%7elnewman/c_weather.html

Good luck!

Devin