programming on linux

Josh Coffman josh_coffman at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 24 14:13:16 MST 2006

--- stu <wien33 at cox.net> wrote:

> 	This is an interesting thread! One of the reasons I
> switched to GNU/Linux
> (aside from the most obvious M$ drawbacks), is the
> opportunity to get back
> into programming as a hobby without shelling out
> lots of money for the
> supporting software. My problem is that, other than
> some HTML, I haven't done
> anything serious since M$ Level 2 BASIC and some Z80
> assembly many moons
> ago (when "Zelda" was a text based console game!).
> This experience doesn't
> translate well into { } and ::;s.
> 	I'm interested in Python, but I'd welcome
> suggestions and recomendations
> from others getting stared up again.

Licensing cost is one of the two biggest reasons I run
linux at home. I know exactly what you mean; except I
currently am still a windows developer. Shhhh!!! don't
tell anyone on PLUG. ;)

There's lots of aspects I don't understand. Ex: How
can I build my skillset up to the point where I could
earn the same as I do now? And I don't have a bunch of
time.

Shin zen ni rei
-j
Registered Linux user number 403109