OT: High speed without ISP?

Alan Dayley alandd at consultpros.com
Tue Jan 24 13:07:50 MST 2006

>> > I found this page with Google:
>> > http://my.qwest.net/nav4/solutions/internet/bbb.html
>> >
>> > I'll have to try again on the phone to get any answers out of them, I
>> > hope.

Conclusion with Qwest as I have been told:

Just spent almost an hour on the phone with two reps.  The page cited
above describes the ISP services, which Qwest calls "access".  Then, in
addtion to the $9.99 per month for "access" (ie. ISP services) you must
purchase the DSL connection, the price of which varies with speed you
choose.

Tada.  There is no product currently offered by Qwest that provides a high
speed connection WITHOUT ISP services.  They suggested the 1.5Mb package
on special for a total of $24.99 per month for the first year and I can
just ignore the ISP services.

Not finding any option for a connection without ISP, I think I'll have to
explore the ISP+hosting from the same provider as previously suggested.

Alan