programming on linux

Vaughn Treude vltreude at deru.com
Tue Jan 24 12:42:39 MST 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-24 at 12:18, Matt Nesteruk wrote:
> Perl is where its at.
>
> cheq out http://www.perlmonks.org/
>
> :o)

I also recommend learning C/C++, not necessarily because these languages
are better (or the fact that I myself have used them for many years) but
because so much open source is written in them.  Although I'd like to
learn Perl and Python some day, I haven't yet run into a situation where
I needed to do that, because there's almost always a C/C++
implementation.

Vaughn