programming on linux

stu wien33 at cox.net
Tue Jan 24 11:50:26 MST 2006

	This is an interesting thread! One of the reasons I switched to GNU/Linux
(aside from the most obvious M$ drawbacks), is the opportunity to get back
into programming as a hobby without shelling out lots of money for the
supporting software. My problem is that, other than some HTML, I haven't done
anything serious since M$ Level 2 BASIC and some Z80 assembly many moons
ago (when "Zelda" was a text based console game!). This experience doesn't
translate well into { } and ::;s.
	I'm interested in Python, but I'd welcome suggestions and recomendations
from others getting stared up again.