OT: High speed without ISP?

Alan Dayley alandd at consultpros.com
Mon Jan 23 12:56:16 MST 2006

Based on recent discussions here in this list, I have been hunting for a
provider of high speed internet connection without an ISP.  I have had no
luck.

We are thinking of getting a web host provider that would have email and
other such services bundled in.  This would then be redundant to similar
services from an ISP.  I would think I could get a discount from someone
by not paying for ISP services on my home connection.

Someone cited a product from Qwest that they called "Broadband Basic" as
just providing a connection and no email account or other ISP services.  I
have chatted three times with them.  This product no longer exists or the
people I talk to don't know about it.

So, I am asking the group:  Do you know of a provider for a high speed
residential connection, DSL or cable or ???, without ISP services?

Alan