power supply ?

Vaughn Treude vltreude at deru.com
Sun Jan 22 09:19:52 MST 2006

On Sat, 2006-01-21 at 13:35, FoulDragon at aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 1/21/2006 12:44:21 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
> molossermom at ev1.net writes:
> >does this sound like a power supply issue?
> >i have been running this same system with redhat for about 5 years now
> >and rarely shut it down (once a year? maybe).
> >if it's a power supply thing, can anyone recommend a reliable, cheap,
> >QUIET new one that i could get at fry's elec.???

I got in on this one late, so I missed the original message, but I can
at least recommend a new supply.  I have bought two Antec power supplies
at Fry's and have been happy with them both.  They are quiet, and the
most recent one I bought had detachable cables so you don't have to
clutter up the inside of your case. They are not the cheapest, though.
I don't think they go for less than $50-60.  The last one I bought was
on sale for $70, which was $20 off the regular price.

Vaughn