Changes to /etc/resolv.conf don't stick

Siri Amrit Kaur tigerflag at tigerflag.com
Mon Jan 23 10:50:54 MST 2006

OK, now that I can post to the list again I wanted to ask if anyone could tell
me how to make permanent changes to my /etc/resolv.conf file. I had to change
the nameservers so that I can get system updates and access webmail. But the
changes don't stick and it keeps reverting to the old nameservers. I'm not
sure when the reversion happens or what's causing it- it's not from rebooting
because I haven't rebooted.

FWIW, I'm running PCLinuxOS, which probably has a similar file structure to
Mandrake which it was originally based upon.

Thanks

Siri Amrit
--
Tigerflag Natural Perfumery, LLC