DNS Server - HOME

Dan Lund situationalawareness at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 15:24:19 MST 2006

Maybe I'm missing something, but if you setup the hardware addresses
in the dhcp server to statically assign a system to an IP address, all
DNS is relatively simple then.  No need to worry about updating dns
through dhcp, and done this way you can continue to use dhcp.
At that point it's as simple as setting up a zone file once, and
keeping it up to date in case you change IP addresses for some reason
on your own or you add another machine.
I've done the same at home and used bind8.