DNS Server - HOME

Jerry Davis jdawgaz at cox.net
Fri Jan 20 20:32:30 MST 2006

Ok,

I am pretty fed up with going through the rig-a-ma-role of finding out what my
new addresses are for each of my boxes at home everytime my power goes out.
I have to find out what the addresses are by logging into each box, doing an
ifconfig, and then changing every /etc/hosts file on every machine to match.
Everything is DHCP.

My question is how do I setup a DNS server that keeps track of all that for
me.

I need the DNS Server to not only resolve all my lan addresses but also the
internet.

OR do I set everything on my linksys as STATIC according to the MAC address.
Also, if I can do everything static, does it work for the wireless boxes and
printservers?

Also, what is the step by step for doing this on linksys?

Jerry

--
Hobbit Name: Pimpernel Loamsdown
Registered Linux User: 275424

This email's random fortune: "Hi, I'm Professor Alan Ginsburg... But you can
call me...
Captain Toke."
-- John Lovitz, as ex-Supreme Court nominee Alan Ginsburg,
on SNL